Our Written Service Standards and Guarantee
- If signs are permitted, we will erect a ‘For Lease’ sign on your property within 5 working days of listing.
- We will place a listing for your property on all the aforementioned real estate websites (in Section One). Each listing will include at least 3 photographic images of the property.
- Your property will be accurately described and advertised as mutually agreed between us.
- We will conduct an unlimited number of private viewings of your property and at least one ‘Open for Inspection’ each week until the property is leased (subject to access provided to us by any current occupant). All viewing times will be published on the internet.
All property viewings will be carried out by one of our representatives (we do
- not give out keys to prospective tenants). Property flyers with photographs and descriptions will be handed to all attendees.
- We will update you on the status of your property weekly and provide a weekly marketing report until such time as the property is leased.
Leasing Your Property
- All information and references provided by tenancy applicants will be verified by us within 48 hours of receipt.
- All tenancy applicants will be screened on the national tenancy database to which we subscribe. Prospective tenants must also pay an Option fee when submitting their application form.
- Unless instructed otherwise, all potentially suitable tenancy applications will be referred to you for a decision.
- We will lease your property for the rental amount nominated in the Management Agency Agreement between us (or higher if the market justifies it) and the property will not be leased for a lower amount without your prior approval.
- Subject to the tenancy commencement date and the tenant’s availability, we will prepare the tenancy documentation within 2 working days of tenancy approval.
- We have a zero tolerance rent arrears policy.
- We will follow up all rent payments in accordance with:our fully documented arrears process, and the requirements of the relevant legislation
- Should your tenant go into arrears, we will contact you to seek your instructions regarding possible termination of the tenancy.
- Should termination of the tenancy be necessary, we will keep you informed throughout the legal process.
- You will be advised once the rent arrears have been paid by the tenant.
- All monies received by us will be banked into your nominated bank account, or posted by cheque to you within 2 working days of our Rent Statement close-off date.
Repairs and Maintenance
- All non urgent repair requests from tenants will be attended to within 2 working days of receipt.
- We will not arrange any repairs to your property without your knowledge and approval (unless the repair is defined as “urgent” under the Residential
- Tenancies Act or costs less than the amount agreed in the Management Agency Agreement between us).
- We will attend to any “urgent” repair requests within 4 hours of receipt.
- All reasonable steps will be taken to obtain the best pricing for your repairs and maintenance.
- Only appropriately licensed and insured tradespeople will be used for any repairs or maintenance work performed on your property.
- We will provide you with a copy of invoices for all work arranged on your behalf for the property (if requested in writing from you).
Tenancy Agreement Renewals
- We will review the tenancy agreement for your property 60 days prior to its expiry.
- Unless you instruct otherwise, we will offer the tenant a renewal of tenancy agreement for the same period as the initial agreement at the same rent (or a higher rent if the market justifies it).
- You will be advised if the tenant does not want to renew their tenancy agreement.
- We will carry out at least four periodic inspections of your property each year and provide you with a detailed report each time.
On receipt of a tenant vacating notice, we will:
- Advise you by phone, letter, fax or email.
- Confirm the details in writing to both you and the tenant.
- List the property on our website and put the agreed advertising plan into effect two weeks prior to your property being vacant.
- Prepare all necessary vacating documentation.
- Arrange access for viewings by prospective tenants.
- After the tenant vacates the property:
- Complete final bond inspection within one working day of the tenant returning the keys
- Process the tenant’s rental bond refund within seven working days.
- If deductions from the rental bond are considered necessary, full details will be provided to both you and the tenant.
- Complete all necessary documentation to finalise the rental bond within a further two working days.
Property Disbursements and Statements
- All agreed property disbursements will be paid on your behalf prior to the due date (subject to the availability of funds).
- Your Rent Statement will be sent to you within two working days of our monthly close off date.
- Your Rent Statement will be personally checked by your Property Manager prior to being forwarded to you.
- We will provide you with an accurate Annual Income and Expenditure Statement within 30 days of the end of the Financial Year (if requested by you).
Our office hours are 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. We will respond to:
- Telephone messages – by end of business day
- Email – within 24 hours
- Fax – within 24 hours
- Mail – within 48 hours
- We will promptly advise you of any pertinent matters affecting your property or the tenancy.
- Tenant’s complaints received in writing (i.e. fax, letter, email) will be acknowledged within one working day.
- All complaints will be formally recorded and responded to within two working days.
- We will provide all documentation in clear and concise English.
- We will ensure that all documentation is accurate and complete.
- All property condition reports will be comprehensively and accurately completed.
- Copies of all documents that we sign on your behalf as agent will be forwarded to you (unless you instruct otherwise).
- All personal information will be held in the strictest confidence and will not be released to a third party without prior written authorisation.
- All updates and corrections advised to us will be recorded in our system within one working day.
- The highest standards of honesty, integrity and professional practice will be conducted in compliance with the Code of Conduct of the Real Estate Institute of Australia.
- If we fail to meet any of these standards, and we are notified in writing and we do not rectify the matter within two business days, we will manage your property fee-free for 3 months.
- This Guarantee does not apply when:
- We are requested to carry out non-standard duties.
- Matters are outside our control. For example, a natural disaster or accident.